3 NIGHT DOUBTFUL SOUND WEEKENDER SPECIAL
Queenstown - Te Anau - Manapouri - Doubtfull Sound - Manapouri - Queenstown
Discover the breath-taking, pristine wilderness scenery of Doubtful Sound, deep in the heart of Fiordland National Park. Reconnect with nature, beautiful in any weather, feel the silence. The Fjord is long and wide and a 2-night cruise is the best way to experience some of New Zealand’s most stunning scenery
Departures from Oct – 19 Dec 2020
Day 1 Queenstown – Te Anau
Collect your car and head south to Te Anau. Visit The Wildlife Centre – an ideal setting to learn about some of Fiordland’s wildlife, and to view the rare flightless Takahe, wander through Ivon Wilson Park - a 35-hectare parklike landscape. Visit the Fiordland Cinema for a wine at the Black Dog Bar and view the exceptional short documentary film “Ata Whenua – Shadowland” – pride of the locals. Overnight accommodation Te Anau.
Day 2 Te Anau – Manapouri – Doubtful Sound
Cross island-studded Lake Manapouri by boat and join your coach to take you over the Wilmot Pass and down into Deep Cove, Doubtful Sound. Embark the 72 passenger Fiordland Navigator for your 2-night
cruise. A traditional sailing vessel, with all the modern comforts. Cruise the full length of the fjord all the way to the Tasman Sea, weigh anchor in a sheltered cove with the opportunity to kayak along the shoreline or take the tender craft with a nature guide. Accommodation onboard with dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 Doubtful Sound
Wake to the sounds of the Sound and another fantastic day of peace and tranquillity weaving through hidden coves and waterways. Bottlenose dolphins are often encountered, fur seals bask on the rocks and at times rare penguins can be seen.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 Doubtful Sound – Manapouri – Queenstown
Kick off this final day with a hearty buffet breakfast and get ready to enjoy the rest of the morning exploring other parts of the fiord. Return to Deep Cove and the return trip back to Manapouri. Collect your car and head back to Queenstown for late afternoon arrival.
From NZ$959* pp twin share (Sales by 31 August 2020)
Sole occupancy surcharge NZ$679 per person
• Car rental – Queenstown return, 4 days, unlimited kilometres, standard insurance
• 1-night accommodation Te Anau with cooked breakfast
• Free car parking at Manapouri
• Boat transfer across Lake Manapouri and coach transfer over Wilmot Pass
• 2-night cruise on Doubtful Sound aboard Fiordland Navigator
• Private cabin with ensuite onboard
• Buffet Breakfast, lunch and 3-course buffet dinner onboard cruise.
• Complimentary tea & coffee onboard
• Choose to explore the shoreline by kayak or small boat included
• Onboard specialist nature guide
• Detailed day by day itinerary