DAY TRIP - HELI TOUR - EXPLORE THE FAR NORTH
North Shore Airfield - Hokianga - Spirits Bay - North Shore Airfield
The Far North of New Zealand, with sparkling waters, sand dunes, 90 Mile Beach, ancient forests and beautiful bays and harbours....experience it all in a day, travelling in comfort by helicopter. Landing in time for morning tea at the Copthorne Hokianga. Then journey to Waipoua forest home to the Tane Mahuta, "Lord of the Forest". Fly along the fabled 90 Mile Beach to the top of the North Island where we land for a picnic lunch at Spirits Bay.
* Special picnic in the Far North, Spirits Bay -can be changed to a lunch at Marsden Estate on request
* Exclusive tour to the Waipoua Forest to see Tane Mahuta, giant Kauri tree
* Landing in the beautiful Hokianga, morning tea at the Copthorne Hokianga
* Heli day trip of the Far North covering a variety of locations and sights with full pilot commentary
* Morning Tea at the Copthorne Hokianga
* Picnic at Spirits Bay
* Luxury helicopter transportation
* Experienced pilot and tour commentary
* Landing fees
* Exclusive Tane Mahuta and Waipoua Forest tour
* Scenic flight of the Far North including 90 Mile Beach
* Transfers to North Shore Airport, Auckland
Departing from North Shore Airport in a twin-engine helicopter, fly North over harbours, farmlands and native forests. The Hokianga harbour is dramatic, framed by 150-metre high sand dunes which glisten in the sun, and the small seaside settlement is our landing spot, in time for morning tea at the Copthorne Hokianga. After refreshments, journey a short distance by car along narrow roads, flanked by the lush Waipoua forest. Waipoua is the largest remaining tract of native forest in Northland, and home to the Tane Mahuta, "Lord of the Forest", New Zealand's largest known living Kauri tree. Take an exclusive tour of the forest and witness this giant.
The next flight is exciting as we fly further north, the land gets narrower, squeezed between the Pacific Ocean and Tasman sea. Fly along the fabled 90 Mile Beach to the top. We land for a picnic lunch at Spirits Bay and spend time relaxing and enjoying the white sandy beach.
To cap off your day, fly back to Auckland, via the scenic route, as beaches, islands and bays roll past below. Return to North Shore Airport
$3,956 NZD per person, 4 adults sharing