FIORDLAND HELI AND CRAYFISH EXPERIENCE
Queenstown - Fiordland - Te Anau - Queenstown
Travel from Queenstown by helicopter over the Wakatipu Basin towards Luna Ridge to take in views of Lake Wakatipu and up towards Glenorchy, continuing to Milford Sound. Enjoy the unique beauty of this area as you stand on a rarely seen remote glacier. Gather crayfish at a remote West Coast beach and fly the length of Milford Sound and Sutherland Falls. Before returning to Queenstown you will land at Cecil Peak Ledge, 5000 ft above the lake.
* Full day scenic heli flight with dramatic landscapes: beaches, fiords, glaciers and mountains
* Land on a remote glacier in Mt Aspiring National Park
* Remote West Coast beach landing for fresh crayfish straight from the sea
* Stunning views of Lake Waktipu, Rees and Dart River valleys, Southern Alps....
* Heli flight past Sutherland Falls, the highest waterfall in New Zealand
* Cecil Peak Ledge landing, 5000ft above Queenstown
* Lunch at Fiordland Lodge (3 platters of seafood, meats and desserts)
* Wine, beer & non-alcoholic drinks with lunch
* Full day heli flight with commentary
* Landing on a West Coast Beach
* Landing on a remote Fiordland glacier
* Landing at Fiordland lodge
* Landing fees
* Transfers from your accommodation in Queenstown
* Divers to catch crayfish for your lunch
We can tailor make a heli trip for you, heli hike, ski, fish, or scenic
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Queenstown around 9am and taken to Queenstown airport where you will board your private helicopter and travel to the Fiordland region, flying past incredible scenery along the way; Lake Waktipu, Rees and Dart River valleys, Southern Alps.
Your first heli landing will be at the top of a mountain in Aspiring National Park for some marvelous views of the glaciers. Next fly onto a West Coast beach where a diver will be catching crayfish for you. Collect your crayfish fresh from the ocean.
Then, you will get dramatic vistas as you fly through Milford Sound and past the Sutherland Falls before landing at Fiordland Lodge. Here you will enjoy a luxury lunch and with some drinks. You leave your lodge and fly back to Queenstown with one final landing on top of Cecil peak ledge, high above Queenstown, for some dramatic shots and then back Queenstown, arrival around 4pm.
From $2,000 NZD per person. Based on 6 adults