5 DAY GLACIERS & LAKES
Christchurch - Franz Joseph - Lake Brunner -
FLY HIGH ABOVE THE FOX GLACIER BEFORE A BREATHTAKING HELI-HIKE. The West Coast, or ‘the Coast’ as locals call it, is an untamed natural wilderness of rivers and rainforests, glaciers and geological treasures and this trip allows you to experience the most spectacular glacier environment available to mankind.
• 5 days car hire with Thrifty Rental Cars (Toyota Corolla Hatch or similar)
• 1 nights’ accommodation at Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square
• 2 nights’ accommodation at Scenic Hotel Franz Josef
• 1 nights’ accommodation at Hotel Lake Brunner
• Daily Breakfast
• Fox Glacier Helihike
DAY 1 - CHRISTCHURCH
Collect your rental car and make your way to the Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square.
Afternoon at your leisure.
DAY 2 & 3 - FRANZ JOSEPH
Make your way to the Scenic Hotel Franz Joseph where you will spend 2 nights.
Take a half day helihike over Fox Glacier.
Explore the many Glacier country activities & visitor attractions; scenic flights, glacier walks, eco tours, birdwatching, skydiving, kayaking, galleries, hot pools & more.
DAY 4 - LAKE BRUNNER
Lake Brunner is the largest lake in the region with year-round water-based activities and trout fishing. Only 30 minutes inland from Greymouth, it is the largest lake on the West Coast and a favourite playground for locals.
There is an abundance of birdlife in the large wetland and rainforest ecosystems and there are many beautiful spots along the lake frontage for picnicing or birdwatching. The day is at your leisure.
Heaps to see and do:
* 7 Lakes nestled up against a dramatic alpine and rainforest ecosystem to explore
* The tranquil village of Moana on the shores of Lake Brunner, Kotuku whaka oho
* World class fishing both river and lake, fishing available all year around
* Water activities – kayaking, swimming, boating
* Star gazing – clear unpolluted night skys
* 7 NZ Department of Conservation walks, two departing from the village
* Glow worm grottos accessible from village
* Bike tracks vary in difficulty and length, making for differing levels of suitability
* Bird watching, swamps and wetlands, all within a pristine rainforest ecosystems
* Maori and European history, echoing the New Zealand/Aotearoa journey
* Historic and current gold mining trails to explore
* World famous daily Tranz Alpine train and daily bus service
* Central hub to many of the West Coast’s attractions and visitor spots
Make your way to your overnight accommodation at Lake Brunner.
DAY 5 - LAKE BRUNNER TO CHRISTCHURCH
Return your rental car.
NOTE: Longer stays can be arranged.
$1189 pp twin share
* Valid for travel to 31 March 2021